AFT Fathom (GSC)
Goal Seek & Control (GSC)
An AFT Fathom Add-on Module
AFT Fathom GSC Module frees you from time-consuming manual iteration so you can quickly find the input values necessary to meet the hydraulic behavior you want to simulate. Simply enter your variables and goals, and GSC
will automate the iterative process for you.
With the AFT Fathom GSC module you can:
One of the powerful benefits of system modeling is the ability to evaluate the effects of changing system parameters.
- Save time by avoiding manual iterative analyses
- Define multiple variables and goals at multiple locations throughout the system
- Answer questions such as:
- What pump speed will achieve a specified total flow to multiple, remote tanks?
- What positioning of multiple valves will yield a desired differential supply pressure between pieces of equipment in your system?
- Increase your productivity
Modeling parameters that may be used as variables or goals include:
- Pumps – speed, flow, head rise, impeller diameter
- Valves – open percent, Cv/K, deltaP, flow
- Reservoirs – liquid level, temperature
- Control valves – setpoint, open percent
- Orifice – diameter, area
- Heat exchangers – heat rate, temperatures, area, U value
- Spray discharge – area, K value, exit pressure