Applied Flow Technology Fathom
Applied Flow Technology (AFT) Fathom is practical fluid dynamic simulation software used to calculate pressure drop and flow distribution in liquid and low velocity gas piping and ducting systems. Designed for fluid systems containing water, petroleum and refined products, chemical products, cryogens, refrigerants, and more, AFT Fathom is an indispensable tool to help you tackle your most challenging systems.
AFT Fathom is particularly useful for:
- Pipe Sizing
- Pump sizing and Selection
- Control Valve sizing and Selection
- Simulating System operation and component interaction
- Evaluating heat transfer in pipes and heat exchangers
- Troubleshooting existing systems to determine the cause of operational problems
- Advanced hydraulic solver using Newton-Raphson matrix methods
- Detailed modeling for centrifugal and positive displacement pumps-
- NPSH evaluation
- Variable speed pumping
- Impeller trimming
- Viscosity corrections using standards from the Hydraulic Institute
- Wire-to-water efficiency calculation including pump, motor and variable frequency drive efficiencies
- Power usage and motor sizing
- Energy cost calculation
- Scenario Manager to track all design variants and operational possibilities in a single model file with data linkage
- Integrated graphing and reporting
- Pump vs. system curve generation including individual head curves and composite efficiency
- Conduct thermal analysis including piping heat transfer and heat exchanger modelling
- Calculate the costs of pipes and other components
- Supports Newtonian and non-Newtonian fluids
- Address viscosity and frictional changes associated with pumping non-settling solids
- Built-in library of fluids and fittings can be extended and customized
- Optional Chempak add-on utility provides a thermophysical database of almost 700 fluids
- Understand the hydraulic behaviour of your system and predict how pipes, valves, pumps and other components will interact with each other
- Evaluate the performance of new designs and assure all design requirements are met
- Identify and correct operational problems in installed systems
- Produce less costly, more efficient and more reliable piping systems
Get the most out of your AFT Arrow software investment
Training by our professional staff helps you learn to make the best use of the software’s wide range of capabilities and modeling techniques. Our seminars review fundamental theory, basic through advanced techniques and hands-on modeling.
AFT Fathom Add-On Modules
With these software extension tools, you can quickly and efficiently
complete projects. Modules can work individually or together within
AFT Fathom and with your existing AFT Fathom models.
Models the effects of pumping fluids containing settling solids using the Wilson/GIW method.
Identifies input parameters that yield desired output values and simulates control functions.
Models dynamic system behavior and how critical system parameters vary over time.
Evaluates the complex interaction of system variables to reveal combinations of cost savings.